How many active book clubs do we have in the region? We think it would be fun to know.
Help us get a count by registering your group with BOOK CITY ★ Roanoke. (Your club can remain a private group, but we’ll count your number of readers and list your club below.)
- Submit a listing and get your group counted!
- Follow the active links below or call your library to join an open book club.
- See your group listed, and want us to profile it, or share some of what you’re reading? Send us more information.
- Or…start a club on a specific genre, topic, common life experience, or geography, or maybe try to get the most diverse group you can rally. Let us know what you want to do, and we’ll help you get the word out.
PUBLIC BOOK CLUBS
- Bent Mountain Library Book Club, third Friday, 2:30 PM
- Glenvar Library Book Club: Wednesdays, 6:30 PM
- Jackson Park Library Sweet on You Romance Book Club, Second Saturday, 11 AM
- Raleigh Court Library Book Club, 8 members, last Friday, 2 PM
- Salem Public Library Book Club: last Tuesday, 1 PM
- South County Library first Tuesday Book Club, 7 PM
- South County Library fourth Tuesday Book Club, 10 AM
- Vinton Library Book Club, first Thursday, 2 PM
- As the Page Turns, Vinton Library, second Wednesday 2 PM
- Vinton Library Bite Book Club (paranormal romance, adults), second Tuesday, 7 PM
- Williamson Road Library Adult Book Club, second Wednesday, 6-7 PM
- WVTF Book Club
BY INVITATION and ASSOCIATION
- The Day Avenue Book Club, SW Roanoke, room for a couple more, 4 members
- Lit Wits, Est. 2015, closed, women, many attend the same church, 8 members
- The Lucyfeet, Est. 1998, closed, women with Hollins ties, restaurant booth limits it to 6 members
- Nasty Women Book Club, closed, 10 members
- Roanoke Gay Men’s Book Club, Est. 2002, third Tuesdays, open, 4 members
- Salem Young Women’s Book Club, Est. 1993, closed, 16 members
- The Second Thursday Reading Committee, Est. 2012, open 9 members
- Wyndham Robertson Library Book Club – Hollins University, staff, faculty, & alumni