There probably isn’t a better Roanoke Valley location for authors to read than on the campus of Hollins University. Whether it’s before the guided mirror of the Green Drawing Room, among the publications of Hollins authors in the Hollins Room of the Wyndham Robertson Library, or in one of the auditoriums, the audience at Hollins gives a close and careful focus to the words being read. And the school hosts writers worthy of that respect.
Check out the list of the fall readings, and mark your calendar now.
- Mary Carter Bishop – Sept. 6, 8:15 PM, Green Drawing Room
- Martin Espada – Sept. 20, 8:15 PM, Green Drawing Room
- Sunil Yapa (2018 Roanoke Valley Reads Author) – Oct. 4, 8:15 PM, Green Drawing Room
- Bill Weinberg – Oct. 18, 5 PM, Wyndham Robertson Library
- Karen Bender and Robert Anthony Siegel – November 8, 8:15 PM, Wyndham Robertson Library
- Harvest Reading – November 29, 7 PM, Richard Wetherill Visual Arts Center
Want to learn more about the community of writers at Hollins? Check out the history and current programs. Archived readings are online at the Jackson Center for Creative Writing.★