How do we talk with each other about important issues? Katherine Devine pulled this book group together after a conversation with Delegate Sam Rasoul. Now, we’re happy to announce that the group has grown and enjoys the support of a great partner: Roanoke County Public Library.
New Connections: Let’s Talk is an ongoing discussion series. We read and watch books to understand the issues and language that connect us so that we can live better together as a community. This welcoming group is open to the public and is hosted by the great team at the Roanoke County Public Library.
Never joined a book club? This would be a great first one. We read books and watch films in sections to go a little deeper. We focus on how we have the discussion as well as what we’re discussing.
OUR UPCOMING TITLES:
- Thursday, Sept. 26: Intro to Chapter 3 (6:30 PM at South County
- Thursday, Oct. 3: Chapter 4 to Conclusion (6:30 PM at South County)
- Tuesday, Oct 29: Screening and panel discussion (6:30 PM at South County)
- Thursday, Nov. 7: First 130 pages (6:30 PM at South County)
- Thursday, Nov. 21: Second 130 pages (6:30 PM at South County)
- Thursday Dec. 3: Final 130 pages (6:30 PM at South County)
Interested in joining this open group? There’s room for more, and if we get too big, we’ll do smaller group discussions and then come together to compare notes. There’s always room to bring more people into productive conversation!
Fill out the contact form below and we’ll let you now what’s being read next and where we’re meeting. Feel free to share this page on social media or send this link directly to invite others: https://wp.me/p8fK7m-1j6