Contemplative photographer and writer Ashley Wilson Fellers is creative on a number of fronts including poetry, painting, and photography. She’s currently asking the question: “What can I do with my gifts?”
Intentionally disrupting her life is a creative jolt jointly undertaken with husband Thomas Fellers.
“I am at a place where I just want to let some of what I do exist in community with other people, and serve other people, and highlight the work of other people,” says Fellers.
In a conversation with Douglas Jackson, Ashley lets us in on what this period is doing for her and what we might expect next.
Watch for Ashley’s upcoming contributions here at BOOK CITY ★ Roanoke.Mentioned in this episode:
- Ashley Wilson Fellers’ website
- The New Yorker Fiction Podcast with Deborah Triesman
- Walden by Henry David Thoreau
- Beloved by Toni Morrison
- Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
- Contact Ashley Wilson Fellers using the contact form below on the idea of a collective of writers sharing work in public spaces.